2021 Chasing the Sun 5K
Become a Sun Chaser!
Presented by the New Lenox Chamber of Commerce and the New Lenox Community Park District, the Chasing the Sun 5K benefits educational scholarships and programs provided by both organizations. This family-friendly race offers a 5k certified course starting and finishing in The Commons with a post-race award ceremony & pizza party in the Commons! Participants who pre-register by Friday, May 21 are guaranteed a race shirt in their size.
ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
$30/Racer (Ages 13+): Includes electronic chip race bib, official race shirt, & swag bag.
$10/Junior Racer (Ages 8-12): Includes electronic chip race bib & swag bag
Kids Racers are Free (Ages 7 and under): Includes electronic chip race bib
Junior Racers & Kid Racers can add a shirt to their registration for only $10!!
RACE DAY REGISTRATION:
$35 (Walk-up Registration begins at 6:00pm on 6/3/21)
Team Challenges are Back!
- Corporate Challenge: Gather your coworkers and enter as a team and take the traveling trophy home to your organization!
- 2019: ProCore Fitness
- 2018: Integrated Physical Medicine
- 2017: Total Roofing, Inc.
- 2016/2015/2014/2013: Integrated Physical Medicine
- 2012: Athletico of New Lenox
- 2011: Berkot's Super Foods (New Lenox)
- Community Challenge: Are you a member of running club? Do you have a group of race buddies? What about your neighborhood? Gather your fastest friends and enter as a team. The winning group will take home an ample prize basket!
- Stroller Challenge: Calling all parents! Break out the jogging stroller and run with your little one. Sign up on race day to enter this special division. The winning parent/tot duo will take home a trophy and special prize basket!
PACKET PICK-UP INFO:
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
New Lenox Village Hall
1 Veterans Pkwy, New Lenox, IL 60451
If you are not available to pick up your packet on Wednesday, we ask that you get your packet on race-day starting at 6:00 PM in Village Commons.
Sponsorships are Available Now! Get the Info Here!